Hayward S244T ProSeries 24" In- Ground Sand Pool Filter
2 used from $ 300.58
- Durable corrosion proof materials for dependable all weather performance
- Large pressure sand/water drain for rapid winterizing or servicing
- Side-mount models are available with 6-position VariFlo or 2-position slide valve
Hayward is a brand that is known for producing quality swimming pool products, and the Hayward S244T ProSeries 24″ In-Ground Sand Pool Filter is no exception. Just like the Hayward S310T2, this filter is also constructed using a tough, corrosion-proof polymeric material, which makes it very durable. So, you can expect it to serve you for a very time as long as you backwash regularly and take proper care of it.
The Hayward S244T requires 300 pounds of sand to operate, and is suitable for use in all in-ground swimming pools and spas as well as water features like waterfalls. It has a 62 GPM (gallon per minute) flow rate, 3.14ft.2 effective filtration area and can turn up to 37,200 gallons of water every 10 hours. It is equipped with several high quality features including a 1.5-inch Vari-Flo valve, pressure gauge, drain plug, integral top diffuser and self cleaning laterals among others that make it very efficient and dependable in keeping pool water clean and clear. Find out if this pool filter is the right one for your needs in this review.
Features Hayward S244T
Hayward S244T comes with a sphere-shaped tank that is made using a strong polymeric compound and is manufactured with unitized construction. This makes both the tank and its support base very durable and corrosion-proof. With such a high quality construction, you can trust that this pool filter will be dependable in all weather conditions. You just need to do your part by taking care of it well.
6-Position Multiport Valve
The filter’s control valve enables you to have total control of your pool. With the lever action handle that is very easy to use, you can choose quickly from any of the filter or valve functions – filter, rinse, backwash, drain, recalculate and close system.
Integral Top Diffuser
Under the valve of this pool filter, there’s an integral top diffuser that evenly distribute unfiltered water on top of the sand bed. This ensures maximum use of the filtration area.
After unfiltered water has passed through the sand, Hayward S244T’s self cleaning under drain assembly ensures balanced and fast flow of clean water back into your pool. The filter is also equipped with 360 slotted laterals, which makes sure that the backwashing cycle is more thorough, so your filter does not have to operate as long. This of course, will significantly reduce your electricity bills, and save you money in the long run.
Integral Sight Glass
And if you feel like observing what happens to the dirty water during backwashing, or finding it out if the cycle is complete, Hayward S244T has an integral sight glass to help you do just that.
Automatic Air Relief Feature
This feature helps to automatically remove air that is confined within the filter during operation.
Other features of this sand pool filter include:
- Large sand and water drain plug that makes serving, winterizing or changing sand easy.
- Flange clamp design that allows 360 valve rotation for easy installation.
- Full-size internal piping that allows for smooth, free-flow of water from the pump to the pool.
Hayward S244T is one of the best pool filters you’ll ever find, and many users are happy with its overall performance. It’s therefore not surprising that it has received a rating 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon so far. Let’s take a look at some of the things that make it stand out:
- Just like other Hayward pool products, this filter is very easy to assemble and install. The installation manual is included in the package to help you do the installation fast and properly.
- It is made with a corrosion-proof, tough polymeric material, which ensures longer life and great strength.
- It takes lesser time (around 5 minutes) to run this pool filter through a cleaning cycle. This is unlike cartridge filters that require longer, more frequent cleaning, which can be very time consuming.
- Having this filter reduces the need to monitor your pool constantly. This leaves you with more time in your hands to do other more important things.
There have been a few complaints of this filter leaking. However, the problem was resolved by either using Teflon tape or tightening the pipe fittings.
Overall, Hayward S244T is a must have for anyone who is looking for an easy-to-install pool filter that does a great job at cleaning pool water, and is durable too.