Intex 2800 GPH Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pool Pump and Saltwater System
- Heavy duty 14" sand filter - requires approximately 55 LBS of sand (sand not included)
- Simple to use and easy to operate filter that will outperform your standard cartridge filters
- Powerful 0.75 HP / 2,800 GPH keeps your water sparkling clean (pump flow rate: 2800 GPH, system flow rate: 2150 GPH)
- Easy operation 6-way valve makes maintenance easy, giving options to backwash, rinse, recirculate, drain, filter and close system
- Strainer basket included on pump prolongs the life of the sand and is easy cleaning
Nature has its own way of cleaning water – using sand. Sand is not only environmentally friendly, but also very abundant and affordable. Therefore, if you’re tired of cleaning and buying replacement cartridge filters for your pool every other day, then you should seriously consider shifting to a high quality sand filter pump like the Intex 56673EG 14-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump.
The pump comes with a 0.5 hp motor, 1500 GPH (gallon per hour) system flow rate, 1600 GPH pump flow rate and 55-pound sand capacity. It’s ideal for use in all above ground pools with up to 12,800 gallons of water. With Intex 56673EG, you will surely say goodbye to frequent buying and cleaning pool filter cartridges, and start enjoying clean and clear water whenever you wish with less hassle. Continue reading to learn more about this pump.
Features Intex 56673EG
6-Way Filter Valve
Intex 56673EG comes with a 6-way filter functional control valve that makes it easy to operate and maintain. With the ergonomic handle of the valve, you can backwash, filter, rinse, drain, recalculate, or close the system. Total control is in your hands.
The pump also has a 0.5 hp motor, which is extremely powerful. It enables it to effortlessly pump 1600 gallons of water every hour. And if you’re worried that perhaps it will use too much electricity, you’ll be happy to know that the pump is equipped with a pressure gauge to help you monitor the amount of power that is being used.
Built-In Automatic Timer And Shut Off
The filter pump also has a built-in 24 hour automatic timer, which allows you to choose and save your preferred daily settings, thereby making your daily pool operation and maintenance much easier. And to prevent this product from damage due to overheating or inappropriate use, there’s also a waterproof safety auto shut off switch installed in the pump to automatically shut it off if it detects that something is not right.
Built-In GFCI Protection
The pump also comes with a built-in ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI), which instantly shuts it off in case electrical current comes into contact with water. Having this feature comes in handy to prevent shocks and other more serious accidents that might occur if you accidentally pour water on its electrical system.
High Quality Construction
Intex 56673EG is designed to stand the test of time, thanks to its heavy duty tank, as well as a durable pump enclosure, which provides it with more protection.
The pump also comes with an easy to clean built-in skimmer basket that helps to prolong the lifespan of the sand.
With a rating of 4.4 out of 5 on Amazon, you can trust that this is one of the best performing sand filter pumps in the market currently. Here are some of the reasons why users love it so much:
- The pump works great and provides excellent cleaning for above-ground pools, with low operation costs and easy maintenance. Say good bye to cartridge filters and get ready to enjoy clean and crystal clear pool water whenever you wish.
- Users also love the fact that the pump comes with an adaptor kit for the different hose connections, so you don’t have to waste time or money getting the right fittings for your pool.
- The 24-hour built-in automatic timer makes daily operation and maintenance of the pump much easier.
- The included manual and installation videos make the filter pump straightforward and easier to set up.
- According to Intex website, the sand used in the pump should be changed every 5 years. Imagine how much time and money you’ll save if you decide to ditch your current cartridge filter for this sand filter pump. A lot right?
Many users say that this pump works great for them. However, what they are complaining about is the luck of customer support from Intex. Those who have run into problems and contacted the company haven’t received any reply. Let’s hope this will improve as soon as possible.
Overall, Intex 56673EG is a great investment for anyone with above-ground pool who is looking to keep his or her pool clean without so much hassle. Try it out and enjoy its many benefits.